Loosen your literal and proverbial tie in a sociable, lively atmosphere with timeless spirit. Our welcoming team exude a warm personality and a true passion for delicious food and well-crafted libations. At REDS, we believe that doing things right is time well spent. Visit us at Reds Wine Tavern in the heart of the financial district, Reds Midtown Tavern at Yonge & Gerrard or at our new location in Square One.
We are currently looking for a General Manager for Red’s Wine Tavern! We will prepare and support you for success in this role where sales growth and success will be rewarded. You will be placed in an environment that has the highest standards and with a team that has a positive attitude and a winning mindset.
As a General Manager, you consistently provide our guests with an outstanding experience, which is achieved by adhering to our standards of quality and service. As part of our Management team, you consistently provide our guests with an outstanding experience, which is achieved by adhering to our standards of quality and service. You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Upholding the highest quality standards for food, service and financial management.
• Ensuring training and proper supervision of Team Members and Managers on all restaurant procedures.
• Providing leadership, problem solving and decision making in all areas.
• Building and maintaining a productive partnership with the Chef.
• Understanding and interpreting P&L’s and other financial statements.
• Excellent use of your time management skills and attention to detail.
• Ensuring your enthusiasm, infectious energy and ability spill onto other staff.
• Degree or Diploma in Culinary or hospitality management is an asset.
• 5+ year’s previous restaurant management experience.
• MUST have smart serve and food handlers certifications.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proactivity, assertiveness, and sense of urgency in driving to reach their goals.
• Risk-taker and someone who focuses on future goals.
• Ability to operate with flexibility.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of: wine, beer, cocktails, and spirits is an asset.
• Passion for food with a background in high level hospitality.
• Have ability to manage the restaurant and a team with a high level of attention to detail.
• Possess five values that define our people:
o Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
o Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
o Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
o Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
o Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.