At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey’s Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
As a Front of House Training Specialist you will be responsible for the following:
• Prepare restaurant management teams to effectively train and facilitate sessions with their teams.
• Oversee all FOH training for renovations and new restaurant openings.
• Partner with Senior Operations Leadership teams to determine training needs and support initiatives.
• Ensure programs, initiatives, etc. are delivered consistently in an engaging manner.
• Recommend updates/changes/revisions to existing training based on feedback and experiences in restaurant.
• Assist in operationalizing marketing initiatives when it comes to new food and beverage programs, roll outs and tests.
• Works with Construction & Development teams to ensure required footprint and equipment to execute.
• Identifies the strategic learning needs and performance outcomes by conducting needs analysis and confirming business requirements, engagement and sustainment, to support the creation of learning solutions.
• Designs and creates learning solutions including manuals, and assessments.
• Provides performance consultancy to determine learning needs of the business and defines associated impact measurement strategy.
• Builds and maintains a productive partnership with the BOH leadership team to enable operational excellence.
• Leads the FOH team to deliver our Vision through shift meetings, shift reviews, and on-going communication during the shift.
• Ensures compliance with and is accountable for all provincial employment legislation (i.e., Employment Standards, Alcohol Service, Smoking in the Workplace, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Provincial/Compensation Acts, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act).
• Conducts frequent restaurant walk-throughs to ensure proper safety and sanitation procedures are upheld by all employees to comply with audit requirements and regulations by province.
• Maintains Security & Cash Handling in accordance with audit requirements.
• Monitors the working order of all equipment in the restaurant; troubleshoots equipment maintenance problems and communicates concerns with restaurant leadership team.
• Post-secondary education in business or hospitality management is required.
• Certificate in eLearning preferred but not required.
• Certificate in Adult Education preferred but not required.
• Certifications in Food Safety, First Aid, Health & Safety is a MUST.
• Minimum 5 years of management experience in a comparable restaurant is preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of learning & development experience in a comparable restaurant is preferred.
• Ability to design innovative and effective learning solutions for various audiences within the organization.
• Practical knowledge of learning theory, cutting edge research, and other learning trends.
• History of strong partnership and collaboration across team and organizational boundaries; able to accomplish goals in a matrixed environment.
• Proven ability to lead in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Strong understanding of inventory control systems, labor management & FOH operations.
• Strong communication skills and organizational skills.
• Possess five values that define our people:
o Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
o Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
o Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
o Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
o Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.