At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey’s Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
As the Junior Menu & Culinary Support Technician you will be responsible for the following:
• You will work closely with the various team members including IT, Culinary teams across concepts, Operations personnel, Purchasing, Accounting and Marketing Groups.
• You will directly support two functions: Menu Support which includes Squirrel POS programming and Culinary Administration which includes upkeep of our FoodTrak Inventory and recipe management systems.
• Other job duties will include some telephone support for all concept restaurants for a number of software applications that are used throughout the organization.
• You will be required to assist with various time sensitive projects within the IT, Marketing and Culinary areas.
• Occasional travel to restaurants in the GTA may be required from time to time.
• Excellent customer service and telephone skills.
• The ability to manage his/her own schedule in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment.
• Experience working in a fast paced, and deadline oriented environment.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Good knowledge of MS Windows, MS Excel and MS Word.
• Experience communicating via email.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Restaurant experience, specifically culinary and having to do with the inventory and product costing process would be considered a key asset.
• Exposure to POS System programming (Squirrel specifically), would be another key asset for the successful candidate.
• Possess five values that define our people:
o Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
o Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
o Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
o Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
o Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.