At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey’s Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
As the Director of Operational Support & Process Improvement you are responsible for the following:
• Leads Operational Excellence Team driving improved operational effectiveness throughout all Divisions.
• Build/Manage a team of subject matter experts focused on supporting the implementation of restaurant processes.
• Work collaboratively with Concept and Regional Leadership to establish priorities, action plans and deliver results.
• Act as the ambassador for operational processes, on all appropriate committees and new programs as required.
• Leads Process Improvement and Operational Project Management Team.
• Develops and drives a continuous improvement roadmap.
• Partners with Divisions and functions to identify and capture process improvement opportunities.
• Drive efforts to identify and coordinate the planning for Kaizen events and projects; including objectives, root cause analysis, tool identification and team structure.
• Take ownership of select large scale strategic project.
• Implement and use PMO tools and metrics to coordinate projects and track progress and ROI.
• Communicate strategic importance of projects and support in the creation of business cases to gain funding and buy-in from key constituents and to ensure success of initiatives and investments.
• Support the Development of training material required to support continuous improvement activities.
• Own facilitation of monthly status updates to the Operating Committee.
• Support Brand Development Efforts.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Communicate cross-functionally at all levels within the company, including senior management.
• Participate as a member of the company’s Operations Leadership team.
• Exhibit a positive, winning mindset to effectively collaborate with all leaders and operators within the organization.
• Participate in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in related field required (Project Management, Business Management preferred).
• 5 + years’ experience in Project Management and/or Continuous Improvement.
• 5 + years’ experience in hospitality restaurant or retail operations (preferred).
• Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project (required).
• Understanding of Lean Principles and 6 Sigma tools.
• Astute, with strong business acumen and the pragmatic ability to recognize the effect of decision on the guest, business and all team members.
• Hands on leader with the ability to adapt and implement change to quickly changing priorities in a continuously evolving organization by engaging all stakeholders.
• Excellent presentation/oral and written communications skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills required.
• Proficiency in time and project management, manage multiple priorities with speed and accuracy.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
• Required to travel across GTA.
• Flexible work schedule required (days, evenings, weekends based on current projects/initiatives).
• Possess five values that define our people:
o Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
o Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
o Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
o Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
o Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.