At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey’s Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
Our Event Specialist’s responsibility is twofold: to the party and to the restaurant hosting. The position requires (but is not limited to) site visits with clients, contract preparation and negotiation, continual interaction with restaurant teams, event sales, as well as coordinating all on-site information flow between our guests, suppliers and vendors.
• Maintains sound knowledge of all restaurant menus and operations, including limitations – adapted with seasonal updates.
• Manages events efficiently and profitably and to ensure guest expectations can be met; and that the restaurant is set up to execute successfully. Manages special orders with outside vendors where necessary.
• Maintains accurate Caterease event information, including updating guest details and other relevant information that will aid in planning future events.
• Liaise with restaurant Managers to ensure private rooms/event spaces are aligned as per contracted event requirements. Prompt response to inquiries within 24 hours, close tracking of all potential events to ensure maximum booking rates. Follows up post-event for guest feedback; assists in improving on negative experiences alongside restaurant management.
• Follow up emails/phone calls are made to all event clients to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Generates contracts, proposals and event sheets (BEOs), to be sent to event organizer/restaurant.
• Collect deposits and payment information; liaise with Support Centre to settle outstanding accounts as required.
• Assisting with all sales, marketing and promotional strategies; tracking sales at restaurant level.
• 3 years or more in restaurant environment – management experience will be given first consideration.
• Knowledgeable in Caterease (or other catering database) & Open Table.
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Flexible Schedule - available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
• Detail oriented, problem solving and ability to think quickly.
• Personable & an open communicator; ability to build rapports with regulars and restaurant teams.
• Exhibits a high level of professionalism and polished behaviour.
• Is eager to go above and beyond for all of our guests; enjoys a challenge.
• Possesses the five values that define our people:
o Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People
o Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People
o Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People
o Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People
o Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.