At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey’s Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
As the Senior Support Technician, you will be responsible for the following:
• Provide telephone and on-line support for remote users working with Windows OS, MAC OS, MS Office, and Office 365 cloud.
• Complete on-site equipment installation and service for 60+ restaurants, most often within the GTA and occasionally outside of Ontario including the US.
• Analyze and determine service priorities, plan daily travel schedule, investigate user complaints, troubleshoot and resolve system/hardware/software problems.
• Deliver exceptional service to internal customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
• Establish service by studying system requirements, ordering and gathering components and parts, completing installation or repair and performing acceptance tests.
• Develop and maintain support logs and installation procedures.
• Contribute to and maintain user and technical systems documentation library.
• Build and maintain high quality customer relationships through consistently demonstrating a high level of professional service and demeanor.
• Remain current and up to date in job knowledge through professional development opportunities, reading related publications and communications etc.
• This position has an on-call component which follows an on-call schedule shared by other members of support team.
• Administration of, on-boarding/off boarding of team members using Active Directory, Office 365.
• Work with vendors to resolve issues at the restaurant level, Point of Sale, cable plant.
• Ensure vendor spare inventory is maintained.
• Maintain helpdesk ticketing software and ensures tickets are completed.
• Manage IT support invoices.
• Maintain Wifi infrastructure through Meraki MDM.
• Administration of office phone system.
• Provide vacation/sick backup for other technician team member duties:
o TM computer/equipment handoff.
o Setup computer/phone equipment.
• Other Shared Duties:
o Provide tier 1 technical support.
o Rotate Weekly Tape backup.
o Backup security footage for authorities when required.
o Maintain computer parts inventory.
o Provide rotational on call support on weekends.
• Minimum completion of a post-secondary diploma, certification or degree as a Computer Support Technician or in a related discipline such as Network Administration or Computer Science.
• Windows Operating Systems 7 and above, Office Productivity Software both cloud and on-premise and Hardware Troubleshooting.
• Equipment installation and maintenance experience with proven troubleshooting skills required.
• Results oriented with the capacity to successfully manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships through reliable completion of responsibilities.
• Decisive with the ability to make informed on-the-spot decisions as needed.
• Superior analytical, problem solving, organizational, and investigation skills.
• Effective communication, reporting and documentation skills.
• Inventory management experience.
• Demonstrated regard for confidentiality, quality, results, and teamwork.
• Required to travel for equipment service most often within the GTA both within and outside of normal office hours. Travel outside of Ontario including to the US is required at infrequent times including multi-day trips. A reliable personal vehicle and a valid G license necessary.
• Typical responsibilities are performed 60% in-restaurant, 35% in office support/phone support, 5% documentation.
• Must be able to safely lift up to 45lbs of computer equipment up and down stairs occasionally.
• Possess five values that define our people:
o Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
o Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
o Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
o Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
o Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.